Monday, February 14, 2011

Hello, My Valentines!

Happy Valentines Day, Readers/Followers/Fans! 

    Remember when I counted the personal interactions I had at Tarjzay one day.  Well, that's nothing compared to how many people I chatted with over the weekend at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.  Heaven's to Betsy, Valentines weekend is no joke!  I believe I may have interacted with over 700 lovers in the last two days.  I read an article today that 70 Million people dine out for Valentines Day.  I can't even tell you how many people are still trying to get last minute reservations that are baffled that all we have left is 3:30 or 9:30 reservations.  Hello, people!  Valentines Day is the second busiest dining day after Mother's Day.  I asked many of our 7:30 PM diners how long in advance they had made their reservations.  Most of them had planned at least 2 weeks in advance. 
   So, if you'd like to eat out with the love of your life tonight, I suggest that you eat a snack around 5:00 and plan on eating dinner out after 9:00...that is if you haven't made your reservation already


MOOSE UPDATE:
Moose has been ornery the last several days.  Due to the "transitional employment" he has not been to camp and because of the icy terrain, we haven't been walking.  The guy has some serious cabin/crate fever.  I earned a little extra cash from the coat check, so Moose (the love of my life) is going to half-day camp today.  Lilli, Moose's Valentine, will be very pleased to have his relentless energy minimized.  

1 comment:

  1. Me and Scott were stuck in front of St. Elmo's Saturday night. A combo of horse carriages, limo's, and whathavya's clogged up Illinois Street. Best wishes on your new journey.

    ReplyDelete