Friday, December 10, 2010

Do You Fufu?

My roommate, Erin, still sleeps with her childhood blankie.  This "blanket" is named Fufu as in "little Bunny Fufu hopping through the forest..."  The fact that she still sleeps with this textile doesn't strike me as odd or strange. It is the mere size of Fufu that truly amazes me (see photo below.)  I am baffled at how she has managed to guard the tiny remains of this bunny blanket for 33 years, through numerous moves, etc.  


Moose bares the brunt of several accusations of digesting Fufu during near panic attacks at an assumed disappearance.  Then Fufu is found tucked under a pillow or at the bottom of the sheets.  I lose sweaters, scarves, books, and other substantial objects.  I just can't wrap my head around how this tiny blankie has survived.  Quite an amazing feat, Erin!  Long live Fufu!


I had a serious attachment to a blankie until I was 8 years old, and a teddy bear until I was 22 years old, but those are stories for another day.

Good thing Erin has a fresh manicure to include in this perspective shot

1 comment:

  1. I have had a teddy bear for many many years. Not the same one, however. I had to let my last one go because of a breakup...I couldn't bear to sleep with it. The Christmas following the breakup my son gave me another.

    ReplyDelete