Sunday, December 5, 2010

I like my parents

Mom had a small gathering last night to celebrate Dad's 60th birthday that is on December 7th. I have to say, I think I have just as much if not more fun hanging with my parents, sister, aunts and uncles, and my parents' friends as with my own friends.  I laughed so hard listening to my Aunt Rah tell the story of how she and my Uncle Regis had one date their sophomore year before actually getting together two years later.   Aunt Rah described the car ride with their friends "Jim and Char", but our old neighbor, Veronica (a lovely lady from Northern Ireland) thought she said they spent the night in the "gym and shower."  You'd probably have to know these people and/or have been there to get the kicks I got out of the story.  I hear so many people struggle with their families of origin.  I am blessed to truly enjoy being in the company of mine.  
Happy 60th Birthday, Daddio!





No comments:

Post a Comment