Monday, November 29, 2010

Classics

While I was scanning items on "Black Friday" at my part time job at the superstore, I was delighted to see how many toys of my childhood have stood the test of times. As Mr. Potato Head beeped over my scanner, Easy Bake Oven lined up behind him and then the farm wheel thing that you pull chord and you land on one of Old MacDonald's animals.  Of course, there were Wii's, DVDs, and a talking Maltese, too.  It was just refreshing to see some toys I grew up with aren't completely obsolete.  There are days that I feel older than dirt and it's too late to have dreams, but then an Easy Bake Oven comes down the line to remind me of grander plans...which by the way have never included becoming a baker, but a farmer, maybe, and I do like potatoes.  I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.  

Sometimes I wish I had a vocational dream, like "I want to be a farmer," "I want to be a nurse," or "I want to be a fireman."  Lord knows, I didn't dream of selling Internet Advertising and scanning shenanigans coming down a conveyor belt, but life truly is good.  All I can do is try to be the best possible Meghan that I can be and enjoy short moments with Mr. Potato Head...I couldn't have dreamed a life this full...for real...I am serious.

all photos rights to Hasbro or Disney or somebody other than me


***MOOSE UPDATE***
    Generally awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment