Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Thirties' Securities

Well, it's still Friday in California, so I am excusing this near miss on my self-imposed deadline.  Justifying and rationalizing to myself...what's that about?  I went out on the town with a friend tonight and stayed out way past my bedtime.  I feel like I have hit that age where I turn into a pumpkin at midnight.  When did that happen?  


I don't like the gray hairs that have appeared over the last year or two, but for the most part my thirties have delivered many blessings.  For example, I am not nearly as insecure about my appearance in comparison to others as I was in my twenties.  Other ladies can be beautiful and stunning and all that good jazz and I can just be me and be okay with me.  I really never thought that would happen even though I heard other women declare it down to me in my twenties.  "Just wait.  It gets so much better."  I am a believer now and will tell those young ladies the same thing.  They won't believe me until they experience it themselves - just like how I have to learn every lesson life has to offer.  


I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, but I know that I am exactly where I am supposed to be in life today.  That doesn't mean I don't have dreams and aspirations.  I just know it's the journey in each day that makes for a full life and I am grateful to know that today.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, sweet post. You are right. I don't worry about a few pounds here or there or a gray hair or going too long in between an eyebrow wax. Life is to short. All we are guaranteed is today. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete